Monday, June 13, 2011






··· The 100 Dollar Bill
A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $100 bill in a room of 200 people, and asked, "Who would like this £100 bill?" -- Hands started going up.
He said, "I am going to give this $100 bill to one of you, but first let me do this." He proceeded to crumple the $100 up.
He then asked, "Who still wants it?” Still the hands were up in the air.
"Well".....he replied, "What if I do this?" and he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. Now who still wants it?" he asked. Hands still shot up!
"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the bill, you still wanted it...because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $100 to you."
Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt, by the decisions we make, and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you never lose your value!
Dirty, clean crumpled or finely creased you are still priceless to those who love you. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE.
You are special; don't ever forget it.


Count your blessings. NOT your problems.
Author Unknown


***************************************************

Seeing the Value of a Value
A value, any value, universal or situational, is a value for me only when I see the value of the value as valuable to me. Me – the comfortable me – is the source of my values. I fail to follow a universal value only when I do not clearly see its value to me. I make expedient situational choices only when I think such choices will make me feel good.
-- Swami Dayananda

No comments: